Stop and think…
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
From Intelligent Kindness by Ballatt & Campling (RCPsych, 2011)
Welcome to Somerset Safe House
GP Safe House (GPSH) is a virtual safe house providing a refuge and support for practitioners experiencing professional challenges.
It guarantees anonymity, security and confidentiality and understands that these are essential.
Initially designed for GPs, GPSH welcomes Practice Managers who joined us in 2012. Some but not all of the GP content will be relevant for you. As a result of our recent work with PMs, we are starting to develop materials specifically for you. This may also be of interest to GPs! Please go to: Challenges faced by Practice Managers and Possible solutions for Practice Managers
GPSH has seven virtual rooms which offer information and resources corresponding to 6 potential problem areas. There's also a Garden Shed, for your comments and feedback on your experience of using GPSH. This website is a work-in-progress and we are refreshing and evolving the materials as the months go by. Your comments will be very welcome.
The seven rooms are:
- Consulting Room - Personal Health
- Burnout Recovery Suite - Burnout and Stress
- Stress Reduction Centre - Reducing Stress
- Professional Relationships Bureau - Working Relationship Problems
- Library of Solutions - Non-clinical Aspects of Patient Care
- Career Development Office - Professional Development
- Managers' Office - Specific resources for Practice Managers
- Contacts for Support and Advice - This is a link to the Somerset Clinician Support Service Advocate Area which offers the possibility of a personal, completely anonymous, one-to-one, online consultation with a professional advisor as well as more everyday modes of communication!
- The Garden Shed - A place where you can comment or give feedback on using GPSH.